Tuesday, September 6, 2011

FALL IS HERE

I'm depressed. Not only did Chicago not have a Spring, we did not have a summer. Although Fall is in fact my favorite season, I am saddened because the transition never happened. Yes, now I can run comfortably, wear a sweater and not sweat walking to work. But I never got to lay out in the sun, take a walk on the beach (without my dogs), attend any events (although I suppose that's my own fault b/c we bought a house and that took up most of our time). Where did the Summer Sun go?!?

Another thing about it being fall: THE MARATHON IS IN ONE MONTH. Holy crap batman: I'm running 26.2 miles in less than a month. Yes, it's for Cystic Fibrosis but am I going to be able to walk afterward? This Summer heat (humidity and rain) has been so horrendous that training has mostly been taking place in a gym - and I don't know about you, but I can't run more than 5 miles on a treadmill until I am bored out of my mind. So, while I know I can run the half marathon this weekend - I also know that I'm going to have to train my little non-existent butt off in the next four weeks to be able to complete the marathon in good time.

Here goes nothing...

1 comment:

  1. I never got to lay out in the sun take a walk on the beach attend any event..Sports Good

    ReplyDelete